Tuesday 27 December 2016

Thoughtfulness

It's the end of the year and a time to be thankful. It's not easy to be thankful when it seems like you're always messing up. When you’re always the villain and others are always the victim. Especially at times when the people who you're with say they love and appreciate you but don't even make an extra effort to show you just how much.



How can one be thankful in such a situation?

While I want to write a really long list of things I am thankful for cause the Bible asks that we be thankful no matter what the world throws at us, I will briefly as much as I can think of start and end it somewhere.

Here goes:
Things I'm thankful for:
1. For life. Oxygen is expensive,yet I get it free.
2. For sound mind. I could have gone crazy but I'm here.
3. For strength. I don't know where it comes from but I just keep going.
4. For intellect.



5. For Aremo. The one I'm stuck to forever.
6. For Ayomikun. The one reason for me to keep going. I feel like I'm just 'undeservingly' blessed. Perfect his Healing Lord.
7. For provision.
8. For my brother and sister.
9. For my mum and dad.
10. For the Word of God. My companion in a long time.
11. That all my limbs, cells and organs are in good condition.
12. That even when I go berserk on my husband I still have the common sense not to go to bed angry.
13. That I have a job. Though I've not exactly been an example of the perfect employee.
14. For showing me how irrelevant I am in making things right.
15. For having a reason at all to be thankful.

I didn't think I'd write this much so I guess there are actually reasons to keep going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments here...